Senior Software Engineer (C++) (d/f/m)1 Stellenangebot
Leica Microsystems has helped shape the future of microscopy for over 170 years by developing groundbreaking optical and digital solutions. As a global leader, we’re driven by continuous improvement to excite our customers and to create the best work environment for our people. Customer focus, innovation, and teamwork are at the core of our culture and the foundation of our success.
Want to be part of a company whose products are part of cutting-edge research around the world? Join Leica Microsystems in our commitment for brilliant solutions and insight.
Leica Microsystems is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
We currently offer the following position in Wetzlar:
Senior Software Engineer (C++) (d/f/m)
You will join an international and distributed team of experts developing a brand new and business critical Data Management Platform (Platform) for microscopy imaging applications. As the core component of all future Leica’s products, the platform provides application developers, researchers, scientists, biologists and medical professionals with reliable, secure, efficient and highly integrated interfaces to and capabilities of the microscopy imaging data locally and across the world.
- Contribute to the development of break-through and innovative software platform for microscopy imaging data management.
- Analyse challenging customer requirements and design high performance, scalable and reliable solutions utilizing modern tools, methods and processes.
- Consistently contribute to the optimization and automation of software development life cycle to simplify routine development tasks.
- In collaboration with the team consistently improve software quality and reliability utilizing modern cybersecurity methods, tools and practices.
- In collaboration with the project team, design and verify architecture of platform components using formal methods and tools.
- Develop and maintain software requirements, specifications and architectural documentation according to the company quality standards.
- Research and design scalable and efficient algorithms for highly loaded distributed data processing systems.
- Enable integration with public and proprietary data automation, analysis and management systems (e.g., LIMS, MES).
- Enable business intelligence for large imagine data and complex metainformation utilizing machine learning and AI algorithms.
- Train and mentor junior developers.
- BS/MS degree in STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) or equivalent.
- Several years of software engineering experience using modern C++ standards like C++14/17 is a must have; knowledge of C++20 is an advantage.
- Strong expertise in OOA/OOD/OOP, data structures and algorithms; knowledge of design principles and design patterns.
- Proficiency in Agile based software development utilizing CI/CD practices and tools such as Git, Jira, TeamCity, CMake, GNU make, MS Build or similar.
- Experience in cross-platform software development for Windows and Linux-based systems.
- Confident knowledge of and experience with Qt 4.8 and above; knowledge of Boost is an advantage.
- Proficiency in modelling and programming databases such as SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB.
- Experience in large-scale datasets with focus on creating scalable and reliable systems; knowledge of one or more of the following data exchange formats such as JSON, XML, YAML and HDF5.
- Experience with medical imaging, microscopy imaging and biomedical data formats as well as knowledge of C#, Python and shell scripting is an advantage.
- Good communicational and problem-solving skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Attractive salary and pension package
- Employees have the option to work from home up to 2 days/week
- We offer flexible working time models - for us, New Work is more than just home office
- We have no room for prejudices and stereotypes. We promote equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion. #Charterof Diversity
- We offer a balance between support and autonomy to achieve your own goals in an international environment
- With us you get the chance to successfully contribute your own ideas
GET MORE INSIGHT
DIVERSITY AT LEICA
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GET MORE INSIGHT
Learn more about what we do and who we are by watching our company video “We Are Leica”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zHmalqMXN4
Are you interested to discover new opportunities in an innovative, team-oriented environment? Do apply online with your complete documents (cover letter, CV, certificates).
We are looking forward to your application!
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.