Senior Manager Software Development – Life Science (m/f/d)1 Stellenangebot
Leica Microsystems has helped shape the future for over 170 years by developing groundbreaking optical and digital solutions. As a global leader, we’re driven by continuous improvement to excite our customers and to create the best work environment for our people. Customer focus, innovation, and teamwork are at the core of our culture and the foundation of our success.
Want to be part of a company whose products are part of cutting-edge research around the world? Join Leica Microsystems in our commitment for brilliant solutions and insight.
Leica Microsystems is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
We currently offer the following position in Wetzlar or Mannheim:
Senior Manager Software Development – Life Science (m/f/d)
You will lead the software development for our innovative product and system solutions in the areas of compound and confocal microscopy, including implementing the innovation plan within the framework of the budget and strategy.
- Cross-site technological and disciplinary responsibility for software development activities
- Content, time and financial planning of projects and resources in coordination with the project manager
- Coordination of the development as well as documentation of software and system solutions within the scope of projects, considering current trends and customer requirements
- Further development of R&D tools and activities regarding future technology requirements and trends
- Support and collaborate with appropriate Digital organization leaders to enable high quality and timely product creation
- Support production in the introduction of new products and any necessary manufacturing tools, with the aim of establishing a cost-effective production process
- Personnel management and promotion as well as qualification in order to ensure and further develop competencies, commitment and cooperation
- Support of software development projects according to Scrum
- Technical or scientific studies as well as long standing experience in software development, project work as well as employee management are required
- Solid knowledge in programming, system analysis, system design
- A good understanding of life science applications as well as knowledge of microscopy is desirable
- The ability to lead, motivate and moderate employees
- Ability to work in a team, customer orientation, good communication skills and a good understanding of business contexts
- Business fluent English and good German language skills
- Regional travel of approx. 40%, as the Wetzlar and Mannheim sites require a presence of at least 2 days per week each.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary and Commission Scheme
- Attractive Benefits Package (Pension, Healthcare and many more benefits)
- Continuous training, support and focus on your personal development
- Joining this great team will give you the opportunity to work with a wide range of innovative products which are on the leading edge of science
Get More Insight
Learn more about what we do and who we are by watching our company video “We Are Leica”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zHmalqMXN4
Are you interested to discover new opportunities in an innovative, team-oriented environment? Then do apply online.
We are looking forward to your application!
For further questions regarding the application process please contact Franziska Schneider, Talent Acquisition Coordinator on +49 6441 29 2836.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.