Export Specialist (d/f/m)1 Stellenangebot
Leica Microsystems has helped shape the future of microscopy for over 170 years by developing ground-breaking optical and digital solutions. As a global leader, we’re driven by continuous improvement to excite our customers and to create the best work environment for our people. Customer focus, innovation, and teamwork are at the core of our culture and the foundation of our success.
Want to be part of a company whose products are part of cutting-edge research around the world? Join Leica Microsystems in our commitment for brilliant solutions and insight.
Leica Microsystems is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Export Specialist (d/f/m)
Are you looking for your next career step in Supply Chain and Logistics in a role in which you could develop your leadership skills?
You will be responsible for Leica Microsystems’ trade compliance programs and continuous improvements. In addition to managing operational tasks, you will act as our in-house consultant, advising the business on policies and procedures relating to areas of concern, training other employees on trade compliance concepts.
Come and join us at our amazing Headquarter in Wetzlar, with an hybrid work solution!
- Research developments in current customs issues in relation to import, export and master data and derive measures to ensure trade compliance and an economical design of processes using the relevant customs procedures
- Process customs issues, including correspondence with authorities (customs, BAFA, IHK) in cooperation with the customs agents
- Monitor the implementation of work instructions for the Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) (e.g., personnel screening) about internal processes and possible risks that the company poses to the international supply chain
- Support for customs checks (import and export)
- Support employees in their work processes and in generating ideas for continuous improvements to use resources optimally, encourage employees and ensure the planned process flow
- Lead projects related to trade compliance to continuously optimize and secure the processes for Leica Microsystems
- Train relevant functions at the German-speaking locations (e.g., Sales, IE, Global Sourcing, R&D) with regard to export restrictions in order to create awareness of compliance with foreign trade regulations and as a global company in compliance with export regulations
- Advice R&D on compliance with the German, European and US export regulations to be able to continue to operate economically as a global company worldwide
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus on Transport/ Logistics/ Supply Chain or further training as a customs or export control specialist
- Several years of related International Trade Compliance Experience, focused on customs and trade and leading a trade compliance program in Germany and other European locations
- Possess experience interfacing directly with customs and partner government agency authorities on a regular basis, including responding to government inquiries and audits
- Be detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to multi-task, including a demonstrated ability to drive decision-making in a fast-paced environment with on-demand requests
- Advanced user of MS Office and SAP
- Team player with excellent communication skills in German and English, in written and spoken
WHAT WE OFFER
- An exciting role within a global team, the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and high-end products of a globally recognized brand
- An attractive compensation package, and flexible working hours
- A flexible work environment that includes travelling as well as working from home
- We value diversity and want to make sure that everybody feels included in the team no matter which gender, race, sexual orientation or religion.
- As part of the Danaher Group you receive continuous training, support and focus on your personal development
DIVERSITY AT LEICA
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law
GET MORE INSIGHT
Learn more about what we do and who we are by watching our company video “We Are Leica”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zHmalqMXN4
Are you interested to discover new opportunities in an innovative, team-oriented environment? Do apply online with your complete documents (cover letter, CV, certificates).
We are looking forward to your application!
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.